entries

28.11.10

(incomplete, but true)


originally: nov. 28, 2010
I'm a teenager, still I don't understand.

Why is it so cool to be rebellious?
Why is it so cool to destroy yourself?
Why is it so bad to believe?
Why is so good have a hook up and so bad to have a relationship?

I thank God every day that I have been raised in a home of love and relationship. And, I'm not going around saying that I'm an expert on broken homes or anything of that sort.

What I don't understand is why everything is changing for the terrible...

...and no one really seems to care anymore.
---
Personally, one of my greatest sins/wrongs in my life is apathy. Apathy is a killer. Apparently, it is to the world today, too. I don't want to sit here and cry, but I have the urge to because I can no longer go along with the apathy I have for this world.

People are losing purity, losing their health, losing their mind, losing themselves and it drives me crazy that they're so okay with it.

I love all the people I go to school with, and it tears me to pieces on how life is so terrible for them but they make it worse.

Honestly, you shouldn't have the right to complain if you don't make an attempt to change it.

update: july 17. 2019
Wow. Look at how much I have grown since this moment. There is so much judgement in this post -- my assumptions of people's intentions, judgement towards their lives, and blaming those with differing ideals from my own (at the time).

"Losing purity"? What a patriarchal concept. I want to gag reading this from my past self....

Let me answer the questions that I chose to pose earlier:

Why is it so cool to be rebellious?

There is a freedom that comes from breaking the rules. Rules in themselves are not without fault. They can (and should be) critiqued. Stand up for your damn self.

Why is it so cool to destroy yourself?
This might be the only control one has over anything in their life. They are coping. It is toxic. Get help.

Why is it so bad to believe?
Because we are blind and religion is a cult.  Religious groups have done a lot of damage in the course of history. Can we blame people from walking away from it?

Why is so good have a hook up and so bad to have a relationship?
Hook ups are easier. I do not love you, therefore, I do not care if you are not in my life anymore. Relationships are difficult, messy, and short-lived. I will never be in a relationship again. Josh assured this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sweet comments.